27 Dec 2010

I’ve been a bit remiss in keeping up with new releases of the Arduino software. The current Ethernet library has introduced some changes that broke my MQTT library – a fact I only discovered earlier today when playing with the newly released 0022 version. Coincidently, so did Andy – who reports it has been broken since 0021.

Luckily, it’s a minor fix, which I’ve now made available. I’ve also updated the sample sketch to reflect the fact you must manually include SPI.h if you use the Ethernet library.

On a related note, Adrian has released updated versions of his DHCP and DNS libraries which will hopefully make their way into the official distribution in the near future.

Update: Andy has also reported that the library works with the SparkFun WiFly Shield. Thanks Andy!

  1. Andy PiperDecember 30, 2010

    Ah! great stuff, thanks Nick. Looks like I ought to update to your latest version then. Hurrah for github!

  2. leave a comment

    You must be logged in to post a comment.