The original Orb was a simple thing; a BlinkM on the end of a long piece of telephone cable plugged into an Arduino, controlled by the low-powered Linux server behind my TV that’s always on.
But it was largely a one-off; not something that could be packaged up as a Thing.
Since then, I’ve been slowly developing the idea in to a Thing. It is still a work in progress, but you can read about it in the posts below.
- 06 Feb 2012 – Reintroducing the Orb
- 27 Mar 2012 – Orb: Introduction
- 02 Apr 2012 – Orb: The LED Board
- 08 Apr 2012 – Orb: Fading the LEDs
- 30 Jul 2012 – Orb: The Middle Board
- 01 Aug 2012 – Orb: The Bottom Board
- 23 Aug 2012 – Orb: The Base